• 📸 Got photos from our 2026 Fly-In at KPLK?
    Help us preserve the memories! Upload your photos to the 2026 Fly-In Gallery.

Recon flight to Gaston

IanC

New member
Supporting Member
Ian Carrero
Aircraft Year
1976
Aircraft Type
112/A
Reg Number
N453TC
Serial Number
453
I flew into Gaston’s on the White River in Arkansas today. I’m taking my wife there Friday for a fly-fishing weekend, and after reading quite a few comments about the possible pitfalls of flying in and out of there, I thought I’d go check it out for myself first.


It’s a beautiful flight and a great place. I’m glad I made the scouting trip because it gave me a much better feel for the airport and the surrounding terrain before going back with a passenger. It was helpful to watch videos from folks that have been there before..


The grass runway was nice and firm. I intentionally flew in light, and living within an hour of the place helps—I didn’t need to carry much fuel. I was off by midfield I think
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9258.webp
    IMG_9258.webp
    3.9 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_9257.webp
    IMG_9257.webp
    3.7 MB · Views: 15
I want to fly in there too. I have fished the river there a few times. Beautiful area.
 
Beautiful place. Good memories of flying in there (172 not 114) with my son when he was younger. Their stocked pond is one his favorite places to fish.
 
Back
Top